IRCTC, also known as the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation, is an Indian public sector undertaking providing tourism, ticketing, and catering services for the Indian Railway. It was formed by the Ministry of Railway in 1999, is located in New Delhi, is the head office of IRCTC, and has regional offices in major cities in India. It is one of the largest e-commerce corporations in India, with over ₹3,000 crores in FY 2022, making it one of the players in the tourism industry.
With its expanding service across the country, IRCTC has provided promising and lucrative opportunities for individuals who want to expand their travel business in the tour and travel sector. This article explores the different types of Indian Railway agents while shedding light on various responsibilities and regulations set by IRCTC to facilitate improved customer experience and provide a step-by-step guide for each railway agent registration.
Mission and Objective of IRCTC
The Ministry of Railways has set IRCTC to improve customer service and facilitate railway catering, travel, hospitality, and tourism. Tourism businesses and individuals coordinating with IRCTC can be an excellent source for high growth in this sector. With its dynamic strategy and marketing collaborations, private and public agencies like tour operators, transportation agencies, travel agents, etc., can expand their service nationwide.
- Increasing manpower productivity
- Optimizing resources
- Being customer friendly
- Being driven by innovation
- Being technology driven
- Developing human resources
Benefits of Becoming an IRCTC Railway Agent
- Agents can book an unlimited number of IRCTC e-tickets.
- Issue authorized tickets without fear of ticket cancellation
- IRCTC agents can book General, Tatkal, Waiting List, RAC
- IRCTC agent’s commission is Rs.20/40 per PNR, and PG charges
- The agent’s name will be displayed on the IRCTC website.
- No trade license is required for the railway agency.
- Your agency details will be printed on the ticket.
- IRCTC Agent get access to the web portal for fast booking
- Railway ticket fare is deducted from your wallet; hence, the ticket is created faster
- You can become an IRCTC agent through a straightforward process.
- Earn more than Rs 80,000 per month.
Types of Indian Railway Agents
RTSA Agent (Rail Travel Service Agents)
RTSA agents are authorized to act as rail traveler’s service agents, including employees of that person who have been issued an identity card.
To register as an RTSA agent, you can follow these steps:
- Contact the Sr. DCM/DRM office of your rail division or the CCM office of your Zonal HQ for details of the IRCTC agent account create.
- Express your desire to become an authorized RTSA agent to the appropriate authority.
- Provide the necessary documentation, such as a letter from your Zonal Railways confirming your authorization as an RTSA.
- Await confirmation from IRCTC (Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation) that you are an authorized RTSA.
- Once IRCTC confirms your authorization, they may enter into a formal agreement with you.
RSP Agent (Retail Service Provider)
A Retail Service Provider (RSP) agent of IRCTC (Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation) is an authorized individual who provides retail services for booking reserved rail e-tickets for customers.
To become an RSP agent of IRCTC (Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation) should follow these steps:
- Contact the Principal Service Provider (PSP): The RSP agent needs to contact the IRCTC-authorized PSP, who will handle the registration process with IRCTC.
- Information: During registration, the individual must provide their Aadhar number for verification purposes.
- Complete the registration: The Principal Service Provider will initiate the registration process with IRCTC on behalf of the RSP agent. Once the registration is completed, IRCTC will issue an RSP ID.
It is advisable to note the requirements for IRCTC-authorized agent registration may change depending on the location. For more accurate details, you can contact an authorized PSP like Sionline for up-to-date information regarding railway agent registration.
Responsibilities and Regulations for Railway Agents
- Ensure the safety and security of passengers and their belongings during their journey.
- Provide accurate and up-to-date information to passengers regarding train schedules, fares, and available services.
- Facilitate ticket sales and passenger reservations, ensuring proper documentation and adherence to fare regulations.
- Assist passengers with boarding and disembarking trains, ensuring a smooth and orderly process.
- Handle customer inquiries, complaints, and requests professionally and courteously.
- Adhere to all safety regulations and guidelines provided by the railway authorities to prevent accidents and ensure passenger well-being.
- Maintain cleanliness and orderliness in railway stations and ticketing areas.
- Cooperate with other railway staff and authorities to ensure efficient and effective train operations.
- Stay updated on the latest railway policies, procedures, and regulations to provide accurate and reliable information to passengers.
- Handle financial transactions responsibly and maintain accurate records of ticket sales and revenue.
In conclusion, IRCTC provides excellent opportunities for individuals looking to expand their business in the tourism sector by becoming authorized railway agents. With the proper registration process and adherence to regulations and responsibilities, one can earn more than Rs 80,000 per month. To become an authorized railway agent, it is advisable to contact an authorized PSP like SiOnline, which can provide accurate and up-to-date information regarding IRCTC railway agent registration and help with IRCTC agent account create.